March 20th marks the first day of spring and with the warmer weather and longer daylight hours ahead, here are some ways to celebrate with your pets.
- When tackling your spring cleaning, make sure to include your pet’s items too! Clean out their food dishes, kennels, beds and litter boxes. Evaluate your pet's toy collection, toss any toys that are damaged, donate toys that your pet no longer plays with and wash the remaining items.
- Take a hike with your dog. Get some exercise with your canine companion and enjoy the sights and sounds of spring by exploring the great outdoors.
- Freshen up your pet’s look by catching up on their grooming. Give your dog a bath and brush your dog and cat’s coat thoroughly. This helps remove dirt dead hair from their coat and promotes blood circulation.
- Build or purchase a catio – a screened enclosure specially made for cats. Catios enable indoor-only cats to safely enjoy the warm weather and fresh air.
- Schedule a doggie play date with your pooch’s pals at a dog park. This gives your dog a chance to socialize with other dogs and humans and get exercise.